Want to Get A Fresh Perspective in Your Inbox?
On the front page, right under the bonsai tree, you’ll see two options for subscribing – not because I want to make your life difficult or fill your inbox, but because I believe in free will and choice:
- Subscribe by Email (Feedburner) – with this option, you’ll get one daily digest containing any new posts published that day. The feed address is http://feeds.feedburner.com/BrightFreshPerspective. Is Feedburner going away? Who knows. It hasn’t, yet, despite its predicted demise over a year ago, and despite the closing of Google Reader with little or no notice. Until it goes away, this should work. But there’s always an alternative – in this case, you could, instead:
- Subscribe by Email (WordPress) – with this option, you’ll get an email for each new post. The feed address is http://jahangiri.us/2013/feed/.
Pick one or the other – but not both.Type your email address into the text box, then click the button labeled Sign me up!
Only Interested in One Thing?
Yeah, I get that – maybe you’re not into blogging or Google Analytics. Maybe you don’t want to read political rants from me. Maybe you’re confused by fiction or poetry and prefer to read only those posts dealing with geeky gadgetry or social issues. It’s cool. I want my readers to be happy.
But understand that, unlike some bloggers I know, I don’t have the time or energy to maintain fifteen strictly topical blogs. There’s a reason posts are categorized: To make it easier for you to ignore all the stuff you don’t want to read. Here’s how:
On the sidebar, you’ll see a box labeled Recent Posts. That’s the five newest things I’ve published on this blog. Right below that, there’s another box called Categories. Now, this is similar to the menu bar at the top of the page – both have drop-down lists that lead to pages where the posts are grouped by category. If you’re only interested in one or two categories, the Subscribe by Email option may not be your best bet. Instead, go to the Category page that interests you – for example, Health & Fitness at http://jahangiri.us/2013/category/resolutions/health-fitness/. Now, type the word feed after the final slash and turn that URL into something like http://jahangiri.us/2013/category/resolutions/health-fitness/feed and press the Enter key. Your browser should give you options for subscribing and reading updates – to just the categories you really want to read – right in your browser or your favorite feed reader. (Don’t pick iGoogle or Google Reader, though – those really are going away!)
Last but not least, you can just visit the site when you feel like it, and use the Search box at the upper right corner (looks like a little magnifying glass) to find the exact thing you’re interested in reading. If you get to a page that says “No Results Found. The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post,” you’ll know that you’ve gone too far. These are not the posts you’re looking for; try again, you must.
A Note for Current Subscribers
If you are getting more than one copy of this blog in your email inbox, unsubscribe from the one that has “It’s All a Matter of Perspective” in the subject line. If you’re getting three copies, well, congratulations. Not sure how you managed that, but thank you – I’ll take that as a huge compliment. You must really have wanted to read my blog. Thank you.
Latest posts by HollyJahangiri (see all)
- OPQRSTUVWXYZ and DONE - April 30, 2017
- New Blog Smell? 2013 Called, Wanted Its Theme Back - April 30, 2017
- Men Dribbling into Their Beards - April 15, 2017