Trivia question for you: Why is my blog’s URL http://jahangiri.us/2013?
Click for Answer
Meanwhile, WordPress has undergone many updates, big and small. Readers visiting this site on mobile devices have increased 524.5%. No matter how much I liked my old theme, that was a clear signal that it was time to change – to be more responsive to the needs of readers.
Not to kowtow to Google and it’s mobile-friendly demands; I’ve never cared about bots’ ability to read. Just yours.
It’ll take us a while to get used to this, you and I, but I think it’ll be fine. I may be tweaking things here and there over the next few weeks – who am I kidding, I was still “tweaking” the old one, four years after installing it. But at least I’m past the urge to tear it all down and start over with Elegant Themes’ Divi. I was up to my eyeballs in a redesign, and had just started to get the hang of Divi, when I realized that if you turn it off – even temporarily – your posts may vanish. Forever. Then I started asking questions, and articles like these were enough to convince me it was time to invest in a responsive, but traditional, WordPress theme.
- Are Divi Themes Bad for SEO?
- If you use the Divi theme with WordPress, it better be forever
- If you use the Divi theme with WordPress, it doesn’t have to be forever (but note that the site used to prove that is only four pages – so for now, I’m not going to be moving this one to Divi!)
Anyway, it was an awful lot of work, building a whole new site with Divi, and I wanted something that could be accomplished in a weekend, without making my whole site look like something the cat coughed up. One of these days, I may even change my blog’s URL, but for now, you can get to it just by visiting the top level domain: http://jahangiri.us.
Let me know what you think of the new look. If you hate it, give me a week; I’m not ready to hear it.
Latest posts by HollyJahangiri (see all)
- A Brand New Blog with a Fresh Perspective! - September 15, 2017
- If We Were Having Coffee, I’d Tell You to #WriteBravely… - August 12, 2017
- A Taste of Home for the Next Generation (Interview with Sapna Anu George) - August 9, 2017