To be notified by email each time there’s a new post on A Fresh Perspective, please complete the following steps:
- In the right sidebar area of the screen, below the image slider, enter your email address in the Subscribe to Blog via Email text box shown below:
- Click Subscribe.
IMPORTANT: You should receive an email, at the address you just entered, asking you to confirm your subscription. Go to your email inbox and look for a confirmation email from email@example.com. If you have not received this email within twenty minutes, please check your Spam folder. You must click Confirm Follow as shown below, or your subscription will not be activated. This is for your security and privacy, and in compliance with laws in several regions, to prevent spam:
- If you do not find the confirmation email, or you do not get blog post notifications after confirming your subscription, you may need to whitelist the following email(s): firstname.lastname@example.org . Here’s how to whitelist an email on a number of popular platforms.
- Another option to try, if you never get notifications even after completing steps 1-4, above: Open a free WordPress account at http://wordpress.com. From there, go to Reader:
- Click Search in the left sidebar.
- Enter the following into the search box: a fresh perspective holly jahangiri
- Click the Follow icon at the upper right corner of the site listing (on the right). If you want to use Reader as your RSS feed aggregator, and not get additional notifications or emails, that’s all you need to do.
- After you follow a blog, a settings icon will appear. Click that to see all available settings. Click the little switch to the right of each one to toggle it on (blue, circle shifted to the right) or off (gray, circle shifted to the left). The top one pushes notification pop-ups to your phone or web browser. The second lets you subscribe by email, and provides options for how often you want to receive emails: instantly, daily, or weekly. For example, if I posted hourly, you might just want a single daily or weekly summary rather than emails each time I post. If you toggle this on, you’ll need to click which delivery option you prefer. The last option lets you subscribe to the comments feed; keep in mind, this is great if you join in the conversation, but may be too much if you only want to read the posts.
- You can come back to the reader to manage all of your blog subscriptions, this way.
- If none of the above work for you, a few other things you might try:
- Use a different email address/provider;
- Explore other feed readers, such as Flipboard or Feedspot;
- Put a note on your calendar to check back once a week or so. 🙂 I rarely post more than a couple of times a week, and it’s rarely time-sensitive.